Celebration of Great Health 2020 : Event Recap
Natural Factors’ 2020 Celebration of Great Health digital event recently concluded. The FREE virtual health summit was held over 2 days (November 5th and 6th) and featured Canada’s top naturopathic doctors discussing natural approaches to improve your health along with wellness experts and leading environmental activists on non-GMO food and living.
You’ll find a general recap of the event below. The intent of sharing this information today, even if you did not have a chance to participate, is to reinforce the fact that a strong nutritional foundation plays an essential part in achieving optimal physical and mental health for YOU, especially during these challenging times.
Celebration of Great Health – Learning Opportunities
- Natural ways to protect your immune system by improving gut health
- How to leverage nutrition for mental health and well being
- How to leverage nutrition for cardiovascular and endothelial health
- Demonstrations on health cooking
- How to live a non-GMO existence
- How to live sustainably
Celebration of Great Health – The Speakers
The health summit’s learning opportunities were steeped in core principles that were presented by Canada’s leading experts. That statement may sound intimidating, but where the Celebration of Great Health shines is in its ability to create a diverse panel of “real people” who are extremely passionate about what they do. Through them the audience was better able to connect to the concepts of this year’s summit. We encourage you to follow the presenters on their respective social profiles for greater insight into how you can build a healthy foundation for healthy and sustainable living.
- Rachel Parent (Clean Food Activist) @Rachels_News
- Dr. Stephanie Rubino (Naturopathic Doctor) @drstephanie_nd
- Dr. Kate Rhéaume (Naturopathic Doctor) @kate.rheaume
- Dr. Jennifer Brix (Naturopathic Doctor) @fresh.health
- Karlene Karst (Nutritionist) @karlenekarst
- Melati Wijsen (Climate Activist) @melatiwijsen
- Matiu Bisset (Professional Chef) @thenorthernkiwi
- Dr. Kris Kuciel (Naturopathic Doctor) @thebotanicalguy
- Dr. Gaetano Morello (Naturopathic Doctor)
- Aube Giroux (Documentary Filmmaker) @kitchenvignettes
Growing Mindful Children
When considering the speakers listed above, we must admit it was a tough act to follow! That said, the Plant a Seed & See What Grows Foundation was honored to conclude the Celebration of Great Health by presenting “Growing Mindful Children”. Presented by Marisa Nichini, we communicated our vision to help create a healthier generation through experiences that connect children to the land while providing opportunities to improve our communities.
To sum up the Foundation’s vision in one line we defer to founding patron, Roland Gahler, the owner and Chairman of Factors Group of Nutritional Companies as well as an innovative children’s author:
“One seed can grow a forest, one child can change the world, one idea can inspire a generation!” (Roland Gahler)
Those who missed the Celebration of Great Health you can view the Foundation’s presentation here:
You can access the content related to Growing Mindful Children via program resources on our website. Please visit the following links to learn more:
- Plant a Seed – Read!
- Seeds of Inspiration (SOI) School Program
- Outdoor Learning Experiences
- School and Community Gardens
- Education Bursary Programs
During the presentation we also shared a number of recent success stories from our Foundation’s causes, including how our SOI program has managed to reach 93,818 students (and counting!) across Canada!
Of course, none of these successes would be possible without support from our community. Learn more about our funded programs here, and please share this donation link with your own network to help us help Canada’s children build a foundation for healthy and sustainable living today.
“The future belongs to the young, and one of the world’s future geniuses could be living with you right now! To achieve their full potential, children need to be encouraged and inspired. They need to be cultivated, like a garden that explodes into life when it gets what it needs.” (Roland Gahler)
The Plant a Seed & See What Grows Foundation would like to thank Natural Factors, supporting sponsors Women’s Voice and Whole Earth & Sea, all of the speakers for making the 2020 Celebration of Great Health possible. We can’t wait to see what’s in store for next year!